tomee-users mailing list archives

From Harald Wellmann <hwellmann...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TomEE + CDI + Wicket = no suitable constructor for injection
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2013 19:00:42 GMT
I don't think that's the point.

wicket-cdi [1] only depends on the CDI API, not on Weld. The Seam
dependency is optional in fact. So it should work with OWB (but I
haven't tried).

The message means that DetachEventEmitter is being considered as an
injection target but does not have a default constructor.

The question is why this class is considered at all.

I suppose you have a WAR with a WEB-INF/beans.xml descriptor to enable
CDI and wicket-cdi in WEB-INF/lib/

It might be that OpenWebBeans scans all JARs in WEB-INF/lib even if the
individual libs don't contain a beans.xml marker (and wicket-cdi has no
beans.xml, nor is it a CDI extension).

(I remember a discussion about Bean Deployment Archives being handled
differently in Weld and OWB and people arguing the CDI 1.0 spec to be
somewhat broken in this respect.)

[1]
http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=org/apache/wicket/wicket-cdi/6.1.1/wicket-cdi-6.1.1.pom

Best regards,