tomee-users mailing list archives

From Chet Hosey <gargantuc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: UriInfo always returning "localhost" in URIs
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2013 02:00:21 GMT
To say that it's "deployed on HTTP" is inaccurate. It's deployed on Tomcat, which TomEE is
built around, and which provides more than one type of connector.

It's common to use httpd in front of Tomcat to serve static content, balance between multiple
workers, etc. It's reasonable that AJP support might not be ready yet or might have been overlooked.

The statements on the project's website suggest that the goal is to add features to Tomcat
without sacrificing functionality:

- Goal: "Simple, Get more from Tomcat without giving anything up."
- Focuses: "Don't mess with Tomcat"
- TomEE doesn't "include Tomcat in some truncated and stripped-down form"
- With TomEE, there's "no picking and choosing individual parts of Tomcat and building a 'new'
server leveraging Tomcat."

With such strong language, it would be surprising if the project didn't plan to support AJP
connections as it does HTTP.

Might this be addressed in a future release? Can you suggest ways to contribute?

On Feb 6, 2013, at 5:40 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@gmail.com> wrote:

> because the REST service is deployed on HTTP not AJP
>
> *Romain Manni-Bucau*
> *Blog: **http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/*<http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/>
>

> 2013/2/6 Chet Hosey <ChetHosey@gmail.com>
>

>> That was my expectation too. But it just isn't working that way for me
>> with AJP.
>>
>> Apache httpd is listening on port 8888 and forwarding application requests
>> (/rs-test/*) to TomEE via AJP. TomEE is listening on ports 8080 for HTTP
>> and 8009 for AJP requests. If the UriInfo matched the request info, then
>> the port number given should be 8080 when loading an app from TomEE
>> directly, and 8888 when using httpd to load the app via AJP.
>>
>> When I request http://servername:8080/rs-**test/<http://servername:8080/rs-test/>to
get content directly from TomEE via HTTP, the UriInfo methods match the