tomee-users mailing list archives

From Alex The Rocker <alex.m3...@gmail.com>
Subject Conflicting commons-lang*.jar in lib/ directory
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2013 09:01:33 GMT
Hello,

I have written a small utility to make .jar file names in TomEE's lib/
directory "version less" for the purpose of our own application upgrader
which doesn't handles renaming (this was part of another mail thread).

Thought this process, I found a strange detail : there are two different
versions of Apache commons-lang in TomEE+ 1.5.1 lib/ directory:

commons-lang-2.6.jar
commons-lang3-3.1.jar

I think it's a bug because it seems that TomEE instructs Tomcat to use in
CLASSPATH all .jar files in lib/, and this "duplicate" entry can lead to
random bugs, depending on which order the files are scanned.

Do you agree it's a bug?
Do you want me to fill a JIRA for it ?
In the meantime, which commons-lang version should I keep ?

Best regards,
Alexandre