tomee-users mailing list archives

From Alex The Rocker <alex.m3...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Command-line tools for updating TomEE configuration?
Date Sat, 16 Feb 2013 18:43:42 GMT
Okay, I guess the answer is that no such command-line utility exists yet.

It's not an API, but I can give a prototype usage:

tomeeadmin.sh

[-h(help)] Displays this help.

[-c command] Runs a single commands, if there are multiple such options,
then they
             run in their order of appearance.

[-f script_file_name] Runs a script in given file.

[-conntype NONE] Specifies that tomeeadmin.sh runs in local mode, it will
operate on
                 the configuration of the TomEE installation from which it
is launched.

[-conntype JMX [-host host:port] [-user userid] [-password password]]
                 Specifies that tomeeadmin.sh will connect to  the
specified host:port
                 management application (JSR 60 compliant) using specified
user and password,
                 and that it will operate on this remote server's
configuration.

[script parameters] optional arguments which will be passed to the script,
if any.

Currently JMX / JSR 160 is nice to have for my needs (I just need to be
able to call this tool from our installer), but I think it can be helpful
for administrators, and since there's a standard for it, why not using it?

Of course I can't be more precise because I don't know TomEE's management
object model : is this management object model documented somewhere?

Ideally, there should be an extra option (-scriptlang name) for specifying
the scripting language, which should be any JSR 223 compliant one.

The use cases are many : install / uninstall a web app (yeah I know with
TomEE it's a simple cp/rm, but think about remote servers),
add/update/remove JNDI, JDBC, JMS, JTA, etc. items, setup virtual hosts
definitions, you name it...

I realize that there would be substantial work to do it :)

Thanks,
Alexandre