tomee-users mailing list archives

From Alex The Rocker <alex.m3...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Could TomEE distributions have JAR files without version numbers?
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 22:26:18 GMT
Thanks all for your answers, and for your questions which mean my question
wasn't clear.
Here's the scenario:
- We don't built ourselves TomEE+
- Our product "GA" = Generally Available version embeds TomEE+ 1.5.1+
release (not a snapshot)
- Our next fix pack will embedded TomEE 1.5.2 release (not a snapshot, only
"GA" = "Generally Available" version).
- Our products fix pack installer doesn't know that files not part of
fixpack must be deleted
- So for our customers having installed our product, they will have in
TomEE+ lib/ directory this mix:
     lib/openejb-api-4.5.1.jar
     lib/openejb-api-4.5.2.jar
     lib/openejb-client-4.5.1.jar
     lib/openejb-client-4.5.2.jar
     lib/openejb-core-4.5.1.jar
     lib/openejb-core-4.5.2.jar
     ... etc ...

My questions:
  a) beyond eating up some disk space, will this "mixup" of  JAR versions
break Apache TomEE+ runtime?
  b) Is TomEE+ relying on a CLASSPATH referencing the exact name of each
JAR in lib/ directory? if not, how does it load its jar files?
  c) if the answer to my problem is to rename the .jar file before checking
out them into our own source code control system before building our
service packs, then do we need to update references to these .jar files and
if yes where?
  d) any hope to have versionless .jar file, like Tomcat has in its own
lib/ directory? why deviating from Tomcat habits?

Thanks,
Alex.

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 8:41 PM, Howard W. Smith, Jr. <smithh032772@gmail.com