tomee-users mailing list archives

From Chet Hosey <ChetHo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: UriInfo always returning "localhost" in URIs
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2013 14:17:57 GMT
Ahh, that's a good thought. It was the default value of "localhost". After
changing the "name" attribute on the Host entry and updating the
defaultHost on the Engine, I'm getting the expected host name in the
response.

This leads me to wonder what happens when using AJP. I'm picturing a setup
where httpd runs on port 80 and proxies to multiple TomEE instances via
AJP. If the HTTP connector port is still used by the UriInfo methods, then
TomEE would require special access (root or authbind) to bind to port 80 to
work around this behavior. And it wouldn't be possible to run multiple
TomEE instances on the same IP, since they'd all have to bind to port 80 to
ensure URI correctness.

I'll have to experiment to find out. If I get the chance to do so, I'll
report results back.

Thanks!