tomee-users mailing list archives

From "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <smithh032...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ignored context.xml
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2013 19:54:11 GMT
On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 9:33 AM, James Green <james.mk.green@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,

I'm a NetBeans 7.x and TomEE 1.6.0 SNAPSHOT (which is Tomcat
7.0.37)...latest version 'always'.

> Got myself a .war file containing META-INF/context.xml as follows:
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <Context antiJARLocking="true" path="/saas"/>
>
> ( as created by Netbeans in fact. )

Mine is as follows (created by Netbeans, too):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Context antiJARLocking="true" path="/mcmsweb"/>

> If I copy the .war file into webapps/ it unpacks but ignores the path,
> instead presenting the application under the name of the archive
> artifact-version-SNAPSHOT.
>
> Tried this with both filesystem copy and the html manager without luck. Any
> ideas?

I always do a netBeans 'clean and build', and then I copy the "mcmsweb.war"
file to tomee/webapps, and tomee/webapps/mcmsweb is always created. I
forgot to mention, that I usually delete the existing tomee/webapps/mcmsweb
folder before (re)starting tomee (tomcat7).

After starting tomee (tomcat7), tomee/webapps/mcmsweb folder is created and
the mcmsweb.war is unpacked to tomee/webapps/mcmsweb.

Just sharing my tomee (tomcat7) experience, and these steps are working
well for me in/on development server as well as production server.

Thanks,