tomee-users mailing list archives

From "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <smithh032...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ignored context.xml
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2013 19:58:48 GMT
On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 2:54 PM, Howard W. Smith, Jr. <
smithh032772@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 9:33 AM, James Green <james.mk.green@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>

> I'm a NetBeans 7.x and TomEE 1.6.0 SNAPSHOT (which is Tomcat
> 7.0.37)...latest version 'always'.
>

>> Got myself a .war file containing META-INF/context.xml as follows:
>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>> <Context antiJARLocking="true" path="/saas"/>
>>
>> ( as created by Netbeans in fact. )
>>

> Mine is as follows (created by Netbeans, too):
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <Context antiJARLocking="true" path="/mcmsweb"/>
>

>> If I copy the .war file into webapps/ it unpacks but ignores the path,
>> instead presenting the application under the name of the archive
>> artifact-version-SNAPSHOT.
>>
>> Tried this with both filesystem copy and the html manager without luck.
>> Any
>> ideas?
>>

> I always do a netBeans 'clean and build', and then I copy the
> "mcmsweb.war" file to tomee/webapps, and tomee/webapps/mcmsweb is always
> created. I forgot to mention, that I usually delete the existing
> tomee/webapps/mcmsweb folder before (re)starting tomee (tomcat7).
>
> After starting tomee (tomcat7), tomee/webapps/mcmsweb folder is created
> and the mcmsweb.war is unpacked to tomee/webapps/mcmsweb.
>
> Just sharing my tomee (tomcat7) experience, and these steps are working
> well for me in/on development server as well as production server.

forgot to mention... the name of the project, in netbeans, is 'mcmsweb" on
development server as well as production server. It seems as though you
want to assign project in netbeans as a different name as the name
specified in context.xml. If so, then I think I experienced this issue that
you're experiencing, but what I communicated already/above works for me,
and no complaints here.