tomee-users mailing list archives

From Dimitri <mi...@cargosoft.ru>
Subject Using persistence from JAAS LoginModule
Date Sun, 02 Jun 2013 19:50:53 GMT
Hi,

I'm wondering what are the best practices for using JPA in JAAS
LoginModules.

In my scenario, a custom JAAS LoginModule will be used via
org.apache.catalina.realm.JAASRealm. The LoginModule should operate
relational data, so I'm looking for using JPA. The realm will be shared
by several webapps belonging to the same SSO domain. Thus, the realm
will be configured in server.xml, for a <Host> that has
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn plugged.

1) Is it possible to use CDI in this scenario? If not, what is the
proper way to obtain EntityManager?
2) Is it possible to share persistence unit between a realm and one of
the webapps? There will be a manager webapp that is supposed to operate
exactly the same data that LoginModule will.

Thanks!
Dimitri