tomee-users mailing list archives

From "Chris.Christo" <chris.chri...@mail.com>
Subject Food for thought - Configuring TomEE/OpenEJB
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2013 23:19:04 GMT
Hello everyone,

This whole configuration thing has got me thinking. I honestly feel that its just too complicated
to configure tomee/openejb, and it just needs to be re-thought. Pretty much all my problems
have come from not knowing where to put my settings. Is it openejb.xml? system.properties?
logging.properties? login.config? conf.d/cxf-rs.properties? the list is endless. It is just
way too much.

It really shouldn't have to be that difficult, and to be honest most of the time its just
not even intuitive. Why are some xmls and others properties?

We should just have one file, something like config.json, yes I said json because its just
so simple.

Something like this:

https://gist.github.com/ChrisChristo/5733054

now isn't that beautiful or what? :D