tomee-users mailing list archives

From Chris Owens <ctag+open...@chris-owens.com>
Subject Re: openejb-jar.xml not being parsed?
Date Sun, 18 Aug 2013 16:39:46 GMT
Let me state the use case, to see if there is any easier way to solve the
problem, since I can't possibly be the first person to run into this.

I have method inside an EJB that returns a List.

I want to return the list via a REST service, as a JSON array.

The built-in Jaxb code doesn't know how to handle List objects.

So, I would like to use Jackson instead.

I thought I was following the instructions provided by the OpenEJB / TomEE
project, which were:
1) add the Jackson libraries to the classpath, and 2) add an openejb-jar.xml
file that references the jackson libraries.

I cannot get it to work.