tomee-users mailing list archives

From AndrewG <and...@cognisolve.com>
Subject Access microsoft sql with sqljdbc4 driver
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2013 14:49:10 GMT
Hi,

i'm wondering if anyone has has any luck connecting to a microsoft sql
server.

I've set everything up in my application as I would when accessing a mysql
server (which i've done many times) except for the specific persistence
information. The result is my application deploys fine, no errors on the
tomee server, but when I try and hit one of my resources the entitymanager
defined by the @PersistenceContext is null.

I'm using the microsoft sqljdbc4.jar driver. I've added it to my libs folder
on Tomee and in my application. I've defined my resource as below:

<Resource id="MYAPP-sql" type="DataSource">
    JdbcDriver  com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver
    JdbcUrl jdbc:sqlserver://localhost\SQLEXPRESS;databaseName=MYDB
    UserName    theuser
    Password     thepassword
</Resource>

I'm not necessarily looking for a solution to my problem (which would be
nice), but would actually just like to know if anyone has connected to
microsoft sql from Tomee as I found no mention in the forum.

Thank you,
Andrew