tomee-users mailing list archives

From Christian Schlichtherle <christian-b...@schlichtherle.de>
Subject Re: TomEE+ 1.6.0-SNAPSHOT forgets deployed apps
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2013 10:45:56 GMT
Hi,

Am 28.08.2013 um 12:17 schrieb Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@gmail.com>:

> why don't you simply put your app in apps/ (same level as webapps - can
> need to be created) then activated the commented line in tomee.xml.
> Start/stop/restart will keep it.

Alright, after uncommenting the following line in tomee.xml

<Deployments dir="apps"/>

it works, i.e. the deployed apps get started upon server start again.

However, I completely disagree with this "feature". First, it violates the "least surprises"
approach and then, more importantly, with this line commented out, the apps are still present
in the apps folder. The effect is that you can't deploy them because they are present in the
apps folder and you can't undeploy them because the app server thinks they are not deployed?!
And then again, why would somebody not want to restart the deployed apps once they have been
deployed? So I think this "feature" is broken by design.

Regards,
Christian Schlichtherle