tomee-users mailing list archives

From Christian Schlichtherle <christ...@schlichtherle.de>
Subject Subscription to Topic is not receiving messages
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2013 16:15:08 GMT
Hi,

I have two components which represent different roles in an asynchronous conversation, named
agent and manager. There can be many agents, but there should be only one manager.

For the exchange of messages each instance subscribes to the same Topic. Only the manager
uses a durable subscription, agents don't care for messages received while they are offline.
The components filter messages which are not attributed to them.

This all works well when running the apps on Glassfish. On TomEE+ however, the agents send
messages and the manager receives them and responds to them, however, the agents never receive
a response. It also appears that the manager doesn't see the messages it sent although the
"noLocal" property has not been set.

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to configure my stock TomEE+ 1.5.2 to make this scenario
work?

Regards,
Christian