tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@gmail.com>
Subject Announcing Tomitribe, dedicated to Apache TomEE
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2013 19:11:22 GMT
As individuals, myself and others in the community have dedicated ourselves to Apache TomEE
wholeheartedly.  From when it was a crazy idea on a mailing list, to traveling to hack together
and slaving away countless hours driving things towards certification.

We did all of this, every single bit, in our spare time on our own dime for one reason only
-- we believe in TomEE.  Apache TomEE is truly special.  It has been and continues to be a
labor of love and passion.

It's been two years this month since we announced Apache TomEE to the world at JavaOne 2011
and it's time for the next step.  Several of us have joined together to create a company dedicated
to the further development of TomEE, Tomitribe.  The goal is not greed or to make a quick
buck, but to continue our labor of love and passion and help protect what the Apache TomEE
has worked so incredibly hard to build.

If you believe in Apache TomEE and want to take an active role in seeing it grow, I encourage
you to become champions for Tomitribe just as you are for TomEE.  We can grow this project
together.

With that I leave you with one question:  Who are the real heroes of open source?

 - http://www.tomitribe.com/blog/2013/09/who-are-the-real-heroes-of-open-source

-David