tomee-users mailing list archives

From "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <smithh032...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Entity cant be refreshed with new list values
Date Sun, 20 Oct 2013 11:44:03 GMT
Jose',

On Sun, Oct 20, 2013 at 3:50 AM, José Luis Cetina <maxtorzito@gmail.com>wrote:

> What about using a detached entity?? The detached entity will work like a
> DTO?

I am doing plenty of populating detached entities, and then populate
database from detached entities by methods (that I wrote) to reference
every getter method and use setter method of new managed entity...and then
persist via JPA.

> From Real World Java EE Patterns (Adam Biem) 2009
> Problem
> The origin problem statement was: “You want to transfer multiple data
> elements over a tier”
> (
>
> http://java.sun.com/blueprints/corej2eepatterns/Patterns/TransferObject.html
> ).

transfer multiple data elements over 'a' tier or 'multiple' tiers? i only
have one-tier (tomee + webapps + jdbc), and I think I am transferring data,
successfully, over a/one tier. :)

i just tried to click on that URL, and it takes me to oracle's home page. :(