tomee-users mailing list archives

From José Luis Cetina <maxtorz...@gmail.com>
Subject Fetch without transaction
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2013 15:04:50 GMT
Sorry if i post here, i posted this some days ago, but in openjpa mailing
list somethings you dont get answer's, i hope somebody can help.

Hi, i have a problem, im changing my ejbs from

@TransactionManagement(TransactionManagementType.BEAN)

@TransactionAttribute(TransactionAttributeType.REQUIRED)
@TransactionManagement(TransactionManagementType.CONTAINER)

My ejb methods that only performs read only querys are marked with
@TransactionAttribute(TransactionAttributeType.NOT_SUPPORTED) because they
are read only, this works as expected. But when i try to fetch some
properties from my entity that is marked as LAZY i could never retrieved
because is null. If i mark my entity property (list) with EAGER or if i
mark my method with
@TransactionAttribute(TransactionAttributeType.REQUIRED) all works.

So my question is, do i have to use a transaction for read only querys that
need any kind of fetch, if yes, Why???