tomee-users mailing list archives

From Chris Harris <ch...@oneseasonmusic.com>
Subject Apache BVal 1.1.0-alpha in TomEE 1.6
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2014 19:48:18 GMT
Hi.

I’d like to get the benefits of using Bean Validation 1.1.  I know that TomEE provides Apache
BVal, but it’s a Bean Validation 1.0 implementation.

I visited BVal’s JIRA site and noticed that there’s a v1.1.0-alpha that is a Bean Validation
1.1 implementation.

I have 3 questions:
1.) Is there a 1.1.0-alpha-SNAPSHOT that can be pulled from the ASF snapshot repo using Maven?
2.) If that version is available to download, can I simply replace the existing BVal version
with the new version?
3.) Or, should I use Hibernate Validator in the mean time?  My concern with using this library
is memory consumption.  I run my app on a 128 Mb heap, and I don’t know if Hibernate Validator
will consume more memory since it’s outside of the optimized set of frameworks that TomEE
provides.

---
Chris H. from One Season