tomee-users mailing list archives

From Ian Hunter <i...@aicorporation.com>
Subject Problems with TomEE and bouncycastle...
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2014 10:06:34 GMT
System: Win7
TC: Tomcat 7.0.47
OpenEJB: Standalone 4.6.0
Java: Java 7
BouncyCastle: bcpg-jdk16-146.jar and bcprov-ext-jdk16-150.jar placed in <TC_ROOT>/lib

[I have also tried the combined TomEE 1.6.0]

Hi Folks,

I've been tasked with moving our project from TC6/OpenEJB to TC7/OpenEJB.

The original installation is somewhat customized, undocumented and unsupported, so I'm taking
the approach of start again with fresh installation - pulling stuff over to try and get it
running

My current problem is that in trying to use bouncy castle to read a private key, where the
old installation succeeds, my new installation fails with the following exception...

-----------------
SEVERE:  1759 - Unable to properly read keys.
Feb 04, 2014 9:40:56 AM com.xxxxx.scheduler.SchedulerProcess schedularStartup
SEVERE: (SecSrvMsg) 1729 - There is some issue in scheduler process.
com.xxxxx.XXXXXException: (SecSrvMsg) 1253 - An error has occurred while trying to extract
the private key. Cause: Error making private key from a string
                at com.xxx.utilities.PCIUtility.getPrivateKey(Utility.java:336)
                at com.xxx.utilities.PCIUtility.readSAF(Utility.java:382)
                at com.xxx.context.SecInstance.<init>(SecInstance.java:79)
                at com.xxx.context.SecInstance.getInstance(SecInstance.java:68)
                at com.xxx.utilities.Utility.getSAF(Utility.java:271)
                at com.xxx.scheduler.SchedulerProcess.schedularStartup(SchedulerProcess.java:94)

Searched around and the only issue I can find is that of not setting up Java unlimited encryption.
I've double/triple checked and the correct policies are in place, and just before the attempt
to get the key, I've printed out java.home and it points to the correct JRE.

I'm a bit lost on what to look at or try next.

Any help appreciated

Thanks
Ian Hunter