tomee-users mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SLF4J Bindings
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2014 15:04:00 GMT
the point is it is working so your case should be quite different, the
other point is there is no link to classes but resources regarding
which one is loaded (that's how slf4j works)
Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/
Github: https://github.com/rmannibucau

2014-02-07 Trevor Stevens <tstevens@me.com>:
> If I remove delegate=false I get a slightly different message. Looks like in this case
it is loading one jar from the war and one from TomEE. Is there not a way to force the war
classloader first? I thought that was the point of the delegate false configuration.

> SLF4J: The requested version 1.6 by your slf4j binding is not compatible with [1.5.5,
1.5.6, 1.5.7, 1.5.8, 1.5.9, 1.5.10]
> SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#version_mismatch for further details.
>
> Trevor Stevens
> tstevens@me.com
>

> On Feb 7, 2014, at 9:52 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> so it means yes :p
>>
>> well providing slf4j-api AND slf4j-<impl> it should work without any config
>> Romain Manni-Bucau
>> Twitter: @rmannibucau
>>

>> 2014-02-07 Trevor Stevens <tstevens@me.com>:
>>> No, it comes bundled within the war. I would prefer to leave the war alone if
possible instead of removing SLF4J from the webapp.

>>> Trevor Stevens
>>> tstevens@me.com

It looks like TomEE is ignoring the delegate configuration for SLF4J classes. Am I missing
something in my configuration? I would have expected TomEE to load the SLF4J binder from the
war when configured in this manner.