tomee-users mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache BVal 1.1.0-alpha in TomEE 1.6
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2014 21:35:46 GMT
Hi

Mem of bval is outside tomee so overhead should be closed (didnt compare
bval/hibernate but feedback welcomed)

Bval 1.1 should be on apache repo but not sure it is up to date, if not ask
the bval list and we should be able to fix it

To use it in tomee replace jars (impl and dont forget the api in
javaee-api, use javee-api zip to do it)

Le lundi 3 février 2014, Chris Harris <chris@oneseasonmusic.com> a écrit :
> Hi.
>
> I'd like to get the benefits of using Bean Validation 1.1.  I know that
TomEE provides Apache BVal, but it's a Bean Validation 1.0 implementation.

> I visited BVal's JIRA site and noticed that there's a v1.1.0-alpha that
is a Bean Validation 1.1 implementation.

> I have 3 questions:
> 1.) Is there a 1.1.0-alpha-SNAPSHOT that can be pulled from the ASF
snapshot repo using Maven?
> 2.) If that version is available to download, can I simply replace the
existing BVal version with the new version?
> 3.) Or, should I use Hibernate Validator in the mean time?  My concern
with using this library is memory consumption.  I run my app on a 128 Mb
heap, and I don't know if Hibernate Validator will consume more memory
since it's outside of the optimized set of frameworks that TomEE provides.

--
*Romain Manni-Bucau*
*LinkedIn: **http://fr.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau