tomee-users mailing list archives

From "Miles, Eric (CONT)" <Eric.Mi...@capitalone.com>
Subject Exclude certain aspects of TomEE?
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2014 19:55:45 GMT
I'm really new to OpenEJB and the use of TomEE so please excuse this if it's a dumb question,
but I didn't find what I was looking for in the documentation.

We currently use Jetty for embedded integration testing with our Maven build.  Our production
deployments are to another, extremely expensive application server so our use of Jetty is
limited to only development/integration testing.  We have a need to deploy other JEE artifacts
into Jetty (other wars and a few ears containing EJBs) and we have done as much with the inclusion
of ActiveMQ and other open source options.  Rather than do all of this, we're looking at leveraging
TomEE+ since this all comes baked in.  However, we're having difficulties getting our stuff
deployed due to conflicts.  Most of our artifacts are Jersey2+Spring applications, leveraging
things such JSR 349 with the Hibernate Validator, etc.

My question is, is it possible to turn off TomEE for certain things like it's built in support
for JAX-RS or bean validation?  Or is there a way to tell TomEE to use the class/library in
a war/ear over what is on the container's class path?  If so, how is this accomplished?

Thanks so much,
Eric

and/or its affiliates. The information transmitted herewith is intended only for use by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution,
copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender and
delete the material from your computer.