tomee-users mailing list archives

From Trevor Stevens <tstev...@me.com>
Subject Re: SLF4J Bindings
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2014 15:17:26 GMT
Ok so my understanding is since slf4j-jdk14-1.7.5.jar is present in TomEE's lib it is not possible
for a webapp to provide their own SLF4J binding within their webapp?

Trevor Stevens
tstevens@me.com

On Feb 7, 2014, at 10:04 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@gmail.com> wrote:

> the point is it is working so your case should be quite different, the
> other point is there is no link to classes but resources regarding
> which one is loaded (that's how slf4j works)
> Romain Manni-Bucau
> Twitter: @rmannibucau
>

> 2014-02-07 Trevor Stevens <tstevens@me.com>:
>> If I remove delegate=false I get a slightly different message. Looks like in this
case it is loading one jar from the war and one from TomEE. Is there not a way to force the
war classloader first? I thought that was the point of the delegate false configuration.

>> SLF4J: The requested version 1.6 by your slf4j binding is not compatible with [1.5.5,
1.5.6, 1.5.7, 1.5.8, 1.5.9, 1.5.10]
>> SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#version_mismatch for further details.
>>
>> Trevor Stevens
>> tstevens@me.com
>>

>> On Feb 7, 2014, at 9:52 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> so it means yes :p
>>>
>>> well providing slf4j-api AND slf4j-<impl> it should work without any config
>>> Romain Manni-Bucau
>>> Twitter: @rmannibucau
>>> Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/
>>> LinkedIn: http://fr.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau
>>> Github: https://github.com/rmannibucau

if possible instead of removing SLF4J from the webapp.

It looks like TomEE is ignoring the delegate configuration for SLF4J classes. Am I missing
something in my configuration? I would have expected TomEE to load the SLF4J binder from the
war when configured in this manner.