tomee-users mailing list archives

From Jayakumar Mounagurusamy <jay...@hotmail.com>
Subject Jeresy MVC jsp question -
Date Sun, 20 Apr 2014 20:50:50 GMT

I am following the  “bookstore-webapp”
jersey example project , in my index.jsp
I am not getting the values build in “getData()” method in the index.jsp when the
resource is invoked, I suspect even the method is getting executed. In the below example for
the variable "userAgentString" i getting the initialized value not the derived one make me
think the “getData()” is not being invoked

Basically this is what I am trying to accomplish, provide a REST
API, send to a JSP page with client OS, browser information extracted from the
httpserveletRequest. Can you please point out what I am doing wrong here?

The below Install.java is the resource class

package me.install.resource;

import java.util.Map;

import java.util.TreeMap;

import
javax.inject.Singleton;

import
javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest;

import javax.ws.rs.GET;

import javax.ws.rs.POST;

import javax.ws.rs.Path;

import
javax.ws.rs.Produces;

import
javax.ws.rs.core.Context;

import
javax.ws.rs.core.MediaType;

import
javax.xml.bind.annotation.XmlAccessType;

import
javax.xml.bind.annotation.XmlAccessorType;

import
javax.xml.bind.annotation.XmlRootElement;

import
org.glassfish.jersey.server.mvc.Template;

import
eu.bitwalker.useragentutils.*;

@Path("/")

@Singleton

@Template

@Produces("text/html;qs=5")

@XmlRootElement

@XmlAccessorType(XmlAccessType.FIELD)

public class Install {

       private final Map<String,
String> opMap = new TreeMap<String, String>();

       //Browser br;

       int id;

       //Version brVersion;

       String userAgentString = "Did not get
info from Header";

       public Install() {

       }

       public Map<String, String> getOpMap()
{

              return opMap;

       }

       public int getId() {

              return id;

       }

       @GET

       @Produces({ MediaType.APPLICATION_XML, MediaType.TEXT_XML,

                     MediaType.APPLICATION_JSON })

       public Install getData(@Context HttpServletRequest
request) {

              System.out.println("In Get
Method");

              extractData(request);

              System.out.println("Done - In Get
Method");

              return this;

       }

       @POST

       @Produces({ MediaType.APPLICATION_XML, MediaType.TEXT_XML,

                     MediaType.APPLICATION_JSON })

       public Install getDataPost(@Context HttpServletRequest
request) {

              System.out.println("In Post
Method");

              extractData(request);

              System.out.println("Done - In
Post Method");

              return this;

       }

       private void
extractData(HttpServletRequest request)

       {

              userAgentString = request.getHeader("user-agent");

              System.out.println("userAgentString
= "
+ userAgentString);

              UserAgent userAgent = new UserAgent(userAgentString);

              // Unique id of the client type

              id = userAgent.getId();

              // information on Operating system.

              buildOperatingSystem(userAgent.getOperatingSystem());

              //br =
userAgent.getBrowser();

              //brVersion =
userAgent.getBrowserVersion();

       }

       public String getUserAgentString() {

              return userAgentString;

       }

       private void
buildOperatingSystem(OperatingSystem op) {

              opMap.put("OS Name", op.getName());

              opMap.put("OS Normalized Name", op.name());

       }

}