tomee-users mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Running EJB and non-EJB applications in one Tomcat
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2014 15:03:13 GMT
yes you got the point, maybe try:
http://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/openejb/apache-tomee/1.6.1-SNAPSHOT/apache-tomee-1.6.1-20140407.041557-129-webprofile.zip
(or any zip from
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/openejb/apache-tomee/1.6.1-SNAPSHOT/)
Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/
Github: https://github.com/rmannibucau

> Hi Romain, and thank you for the guidelines.
>
> Our impression is that our legacy webapp feels better with "our_app.tomcat-only=true"
:)
> But the problem with Quartz unfortunately still persists. Our app crashes with "org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException:
Error registering bean with name '...' defined in URL [jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files/Tomcat7t/webapps/our_app/WEB-INF/lib/our_app.jar!/spring/service/Schedule.xml]:
Unexpected failure during bean definition parsing; nested exception is java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError:
class org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.CronTriggerBean has interface org.quartz.CronTrigger
as super class".

> It looks like TomEE still makes its own Quartz jar available for the application despite
of "our_app.tomcat-only=true"...

> To be frank, it appeared hard for me to catch the meaning of your phrase "Quartz shouldn't
be an issue since on trunk we now shade it because of it." Does it mean that the problem with
Quartz is a known one, and it is fixed now in the snapshot builds while still persisting in
release builds 1.6.0/4.6.0 ? Unfortunately we could not check this guess, as we experienced
a problem with downloading https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/openejb/apache-tomee/1.6.1-SNAPSHOT/apache-tomee-1.6.1-20140311.041252-101-webprofile.zip
, as it responded with "404 - GroupItemNotFoundException"...

> Could you kindly explain the current status of the Quartz issue in more detail?
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Sergey Ushakov
>

> 31.03.2014, 15:57, "Romain Manni-Bucau" <rmannibucau@gmail.com>:
>> Hi
>>
>> in system.proeprties you can put tomcat-only=true or [app
>> name].tomcat-only=true. This will prevent tomee to manage this app.
>>
>> About classloader you can force some classes/packages to be loaded
>> from the webapp using openejb.classloader.forced-load =
>> org.,com.,net.,... but this can break tomee so to do with caution.
>> Quartz shouldn't be an issue since on trunk we now shade it because of
>> it.
>>
>> Romain Manni-Bucau
>> Twitter: @rmannibucau

>>>  Hi,
>>>
>>>  sorry if asking something trivial, but I could not find anything on my topic
neither in the documentation ( http://openejb.apache.org/documentation.html ) nor in the archive.
The only similar topic I could find was some four years old, with no final solution mentioned:
http://openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/How-can-OpenEJB-ignore-old-webapps-in-Tomcat-td1051311.html

>>>  We are looking for a possibility to run our EJB application together with legacy
non-EJB one in one Tomcat. The legacy one has quite a lot of vintage dependencies like Spring
1.2.9 and Hibernate 2.1.7 and complains from the very beginning on incompatible quartz class
structure changes. We would like to isolate it from OpenEJB infrastructure, so it would feel
itself like in a plain Tomcat. Or maybe have some very limited and controllable common dependencies
with the new OpenEJB app.