tomee-users mailing list archives

From ymaraner <tpha...@gmail.com>
Subject Remote Asynchronous EJB Method call followed quickly by client exit
Date Wed, 14 May 2014 21:24:22 GMT
I have a client that makes a call to a remote EJB method and then terminates
within a very short period of time. If the EJB method is synchronous,
everything works fine. If the EJB is annotated with @Asynchronous, the call
doesn't seem to be processed on the server unless I introduce a short sleep
in the client right after the method call.

That doesn't seem like correct behavior to me. I was under the impression
that the call would spawn a server-side thread to handle the method and then
return control to the client; so the method would be successfully invoked no
matter what the client did immediately after the call.

Am I wrong? Or is this a potential bug in the implementation of asynchronous
EJB method invocation in TomEE 1.6.0.1?

-----
- Tim