tomee-users mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "Java Application Servers are Dead"
Date Sun, 11 May 2014 20:02:32 GMT
Hi

read quickly and will answer the same way.

Basically my opinion today is dev have a lot of needs. EE is not
perfect but matches one important need: something shareable and stable
enough to let enterprises base their future on it.

Of course you can use directly netty and disruptor to do something
very fast and efficient but in 1 month you'll need a lot of time to
maintain it and make it evolving + you need a lot of knowledge to
develop it well.

Another one great point of EE/TomEE is that it works out of the box
(opposed to spring for instance where you need to wire it yourself).

Each time a new framework pops up there are posts saying "all is dead
excepted it"...see post some years ago about NodeJS...today it is just
another technology but nothing is dead cause of it :).

Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/
Github: https://github.com/rmannibucau