tomee-users mailing list archives

From "Niki Dokovski" <nick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Roadmap (CXF 3)
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2014 11:03:24 GMT
—
Sent from Mailbox

On Tue, Jun  3, 2014 at 01:39 PM, Andy Gumbrecht<agumbrecht@tomitribe.com>, wrote:
Hi James,

Oracle communities define the profile with a reference implementation,

which is then tested using a Technology Compatibility Kit (TCK). This

TCK is then offered under license and governed by regulations defined here:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/index-137188.html

The license includes non-disclosure policies, but you can be assured

when something claims to be officially certified under the TCK it has

met all of the defined requirements.

This will also be the case for JEE 7. We are really close to last JEE 6

release of Apache TomEE 1.7.0, after which we will concentrate on

defining the JEE 7 roadmap in as much detail as possible for Apache

TomEE 2.0.0.

As most of the work is done by volunteers or companies dedicating their

own time to the project I guess that it us paying Apache 'in kind' to

get a certified open source version.

Apache TomEE 2.0.0 will be JEE 7 certified and include as many up to

date technologies as possible on that path - That will include the most

recent CXF version at the time.

Awesome !
Please post the roadmap of TomEE 2.x. when available.

Andy.

On 02/06/2014 13:04, James Green wrote:

> So are Apache paying Oracle to get certified?

> On 29 May 2014 17:12, Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Actually that's a bit worse. TomEE is certified by Oracle as JavaEE

>> compliant. We can't be JavaEE 7 certified yet but if we upgrade any spec

>> we'll not be JavaEE 6 certified anymore cause API signatures are checked in

>> the certification process.

>> Romain Manni-Bucau

>> Twitter: @rmannibucau

>>> Hi,

>>> They can be used. TomEE needs to be compiled on with JDK 6 tough. Usually

>>> Java EE 7 features rely on the JDK 7 features. These things don't work on

>>> JDK 6. In order to be certified Java EE 6, we need to support JDK 6. That

>>> means that the TomEE source code uses no Java 7 (or Java 8) goodness yet.

>>> []s,

>>> Thiago.

>>> On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 9:10 AM, James Green <james.mk.green@gmail.com

>> 6