tomee-users mailing list archives

From Vamsee Lakamsani <vam...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: @Injected field of a @Injected field is null
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2014 15:40:23 GMT
One of the  null injection problems in our main app had to do with the fact that we are using
Quartz directly and as expected injection won't work in a Quartz managed thread. We were able
to workaround that by doing a JNDI lookup of our EJB in "java:global"

Digressing a little bit,  when we started looking at Quartz and TomEE we started off at this
page:
http://tomee.apache.org/examples-trunk/quartz-app/README.html

We did not go the resource adapter route because the first few lines of that doc say to use
the EJB 3.1 @Scheduler. But I have not been able to find any docs on how to setup TomEE to
use a custom data source  for scheduling info (like the Quartz clustered scheduler). It seems
there is a feature  Glassfish:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13292473/set-configure-the-ejb-timer-services-datasource

________________________________
 From: Andy Gumbrecht <agumbrecht@tomitribe.com>
To: users@tomee.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, June 4, 2014 1:58 AM
Subject: Re: @Injected field of a @Injected field is null

If you are using maven just replace version 1.6.0.1 with version
1.7.0-SNAPSHOT in your pom.xml, else download it from here:
http://tomee.apache.org/download/tomee-1.7.0-snapshot.html

Andy.

On 04/06/2014 07:52, Vamsee Lakamsani wrote:
> You are right. I pushed an update to my repo by adding a hello() business method. In
the debugger  MyDao becomes non-null when the method is entered.
> I do have a case in my larger app where I 'm seeing nulls even in the business method.
Let me see if I can reproduce that in this small app.

--
   Andy Gumbrecht

  http://www.tomitribe.com
  agumbrecht@tomitribe.com