tomee-users mailing list archives

From Anthony Fryer <apfr...@hotmail.com>
Subject Use single JAXBContext for multiple web services
Date Sat, 14 Jun 2014 05:45:12 GMT
Is it possible to configure a single JAXBContext to be reused by multiple
JAX-WS web services?  I want to test this to see if it speeds up my boot
time and uses less memory.

Searching on the web, i've found this link...

https://www.mail-archive.com/users@cxf.apache.org/msg35563.html

This suggests that it might be possible by configuring a "dataBinding"
property in cxf jaxws.  Is this property able to be configured in tomee?

On a side note, to me it looks like JAX-RS and JAX-WS use different
strategies for JAXBContexts.  In my project, JAX-RS had marshalling issues
if the ObjectFactory class didn't contain all required jaxb elements, but
JAX-WS didn't fail in that case.   But then JAX-RS seems to boot up much
faster than JAX-WS which i'm pretty sure is related to JAXBContext creation.