tomee-users mailing list archives

From Andy Gumbrecht <agumbre...@tomitribe.com>
Subject Re: Roadmap (CXF 3)
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2014 10:39:30 GMT
Hi James,

Oracle communities define the profile with a reference implementation,
which is then tested using a Technology Compatibility Kit (TCK). This
TCK is then offered under license and governed by regulations defined here:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/index-137188.html

The license includes non-disclosure policies, but you can be assured
when something claims to be officially certified under the TCK it has
met all of the defined requirements.

This will also be the case for JEE 7. We are really close to last JEE 6
release of Apache TomEE 1.7.0, after which we will concentrate on
defining the JEE 7 roadmap in as much detail as possible for Apache
TomEE 2.0.0.

As most of the work is done by volunteers or companies dedicating their
own time to the project I guess that it us paying Apache 'in kind' to
get a certified open source version.

Apache TomEE 2.0.0 will be JEE 7 certified and include as many up to
date technologies as possible on that path - That will include the most
recent CXF version at the time.

Andy.

--
   Andy Gumbrecht