tomee-users mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: @Injected field of a @Injected field is null
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2014 16:03:31 GMT
@John: this is not mandatory

Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/
Github: https://github.com/rmannibucau

> You should annotate your REST endpoint to be something, e..g
> @Stateless or @RequestScoped
>
> On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 11:40 AM, Vamsee Lakamsani
> <vamsee@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
>> One of the  null injection problems in our main app had to do with the fact that
we are using Quartz directly and as expected injection won't work in a Quartz managed thread.
We were able to workaround that by doing a JNDI lookup of our EJB in "java:global"

>> Digressing a little bit,  when we started looking at Quartz and TomEE we started
off at this page:
>> http://tomee.apache.org/examples-trunk/quartz-app/README.html
>>

>> We did not go the resource adapter route because the first few lines of that doc
say to use the EJB 3.1 @Scheduler. But I have not been able to find any docs on how to setup
TomEE to use a custom data source  for scheduling info (like the Quartz clustered scheduler).
It seems there is a feature  Glassfish:
>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13292473/set-configure-the-ejb-timer-services-datasource

In the debugger  MyDao becomes non-null when the method is entered.
>>> I do have a case in my larger app where I 'm seeing nulls even in the business
method. Let me see if I can reproduce that in this small app.