tomee-users mailing list archives

From Chris Owens <ctag+open...@chris-owens.com>
Subject JAX-WS: Reading WSDL file from JAR file
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2014 17:58:12 GMT
Using tomee-plus, I have a contract-first deployment of some jax-ws web
services. (i.e. I'm providing the WSDL file, rather than asking the server
to create one on the fly.)

I have a singleton class and an interface, both annotated with @WebService.

I am trying to provide the WSDL file location as part of the annotation.

This works, assuming that I've put the wsdl file in the right place in the
.war

But what I would really like to do is read the WSDL file from a .jar file
which has been included in the .war

In other words, the wsdl is in, say, META-INF/wsdl/foo.wsdl within
fooService.jar

I have seen numerous web queries and answers on this, including the use of
"classpath:wsdl/foo.wsdl" and variants, to invoke a resource loader that
reads files from the classpath. I have not been able to get any of them to
work.  The code that parses the wsdlLocation (string? URL? URI?) seems to be
buried somewhere that I can't find it.

Can I do this?  How?