tomee-users mailing list archives

From Andy Gumbrecht <agumbre...@tomitribe.com>
Subject Building TomEE source code
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2014 10:09:24 GMT
Hi Everyone,

If you are relying in any way on the TomEE source code
(http://tomee.apache.org/dev/source-code.html) then please read on.

We are currently in the process of creating the TomEE 1.7.x branch and
release. There is quite a lot of work involved, and this will likely
cause issues on source builds for the next few days at least.
The site documentation and repositories will be updated accordingly, but
for now here is a quick heads up. Expect things to be broken for a day
or two.

The branched 1.7.x source (and OpenEJB 4.7.x) can now be found (and will
stay) here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomee/tomee/branches/tomee-1.7.x

And the 1.7.x buildbot here:
http://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-1.7.x-ubuntu

Trunk source is now versioned at TomEE 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT (and OpenEJB
5.0.0-SNAPSHOT) and can be found at the usual location here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomee/tomee/trunk

And the buildbot here: http://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu
And here for JDK9-EA: http://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu-jvm9

Basically, if the buildbots are not showing up green then please do not
checkout/update the source - It will not work!
You can always see which revision is being or has been built, so if you
want a stable snapshot then only checkout green build revisions.

Note: Trunk is now building on Java 8 and 9-EA but will continue to be
deployed on Java 7

It is likely that trunk will be unstable for several months to come as
work progresses on the Java EE 7 path, so please be don't expect it to
be anywhere close to usable until we start shouting. Thanks for your
understanding.

For those of you in the states - Happy 4th of July!
And for those of you not in the states - Also a happy 4th of July!

Andy.

--
   Andy Gumbrecht

   http://www.tomitribe.com