tomee-users mailing list archives

From Andy Gumbrecht <agumbre...@tomitribe.com>
Subject Re: TOMEE 1.6 Service installed in Windows 7 don't respect variable setenv.bat
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2014 09:14:43 GMT
Hi Luis,

First, you should add system properties to the 'conf/system.properties'
file to make life easy.

If you really need the system property before TomEE is hooked up then
there is a 'service.readme.txt' - Please read this first. It describes
how to do what you are trying.
Any time you modify the service.bat you will need to remove and
re-install the service.
Basically run 'service.install.as.admin.bat' as an administrator to
install the service and 'service.remove.as.admin.bat' to remove it.

There are several ways but I think the most simple is to find lines and
add the properties you want like so:

     --LogLevel Info ^
     ++JvmOptions -Dorg.apache.el.parser.COERCE_TO_ZERO=false ^
     --LogPrefix TomEE

Note: The ' ^' (space + ^) ending is critical. I cannot stress enough
how critical this file is when it comes to formatting. Please use a
capable editor like Notepad++, and switch on the symbols view.

TomEE.x86.exe is the Windows service executable, and is the Apache
Commons Daemon *Prunsrv* renamed for your architecture.
Please see here for the documentation:
http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-daemon/procrun.html

TomEE.x86.exe is the Apache Commons Daemon *Prunmgr* renamed for Apache
TomEE (Documentation is as above).
Run this tool as an Administrator to configure the service - Note: This
will not save changes to the service.bat, only in the Windows Registry.
If you want a repeatable configuration then use the service.bat

Andy.

--
   Andy Gumbrecht

   http://www.tomitribe.com