tomee-users mailing list archives

From Andy Gumbrecht <agumbre...@tomitribe.com>
Subject Re: Spooky org.terracotta.quartz.skipUpdateCheck
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2014 11:14:17 GMT
Bjorn,

We actually check for and explicitly set this property with the default
to skip.

System.setProperty("org.terracotta.quartz.skipUpdateCheck"
             ,
System.getProperty("org.terracotta.quartz.skipUpdateCheck", "true"));

The 'only' thing I can imagine is that the value is not being read as
'true' - maybe a typo or codepage issue (check the file encoding of the
system.properties file).
The actual update check is in Quartz and it uses a host name that needs
to be DNS resolved, and then actually polls their server (which can take
ages sometimes).

It uses this URL
'http://www.terracotta.org/kit/reflector?kitID=quartz&pageID=update.properties',
so just out of interest can you try and browse that on the machine that
hangs?

Thanks,

Andy.

PS. I hope you're not using TomEE to 'spam spam spam' people :-P

--
   Andy Gumbrecht

   http://www.tomitribe.com
   agumbrecht@tomitribe.com