tomee-users mailing list archives

From Alex Soto <asot...@gmail.com>
Subject Stateless EJB and attributes
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2014 06:44:21 GMT
Today I have read next sentence:

*In a stateless EJB, your private methods can share state in member
variables within the same request (i.e. public method call), so in fact,
the EJB is not quite as stateless as it may appear.*

I suppose that when a Stateless EJB is get from the pool is not reused by
any other request until the current client ends the execution. So we can
consider that one request will use one Stateless EJB until the request is
finished and the EJB is returned to the pool. This is clearly different
from Singleton. My question is if this is because of specification (so it
is portable across containers) or it is only a simple matter of
implementation that following this approach makes the implementation easier?

Thanks

  Alex Soto Bueno
  www.lordofthejars.com