tomee-users mailing list archives

From Anthony Fryer <apfr...@hotmail.com>
Subject tomee and moxy
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2014 10:19:11 GMT
I have been trying to use moxy as the JAXBContext implementation in tomee and
have had some issues.  I had the following war file...

moxy-test.war
|-WEB-INF
  |-lib
    |-config-moxy.jar
      |- META-INF
        |- services
          |-javax.xml.bind.JAXBContext

The content of the javax.xml.bind.JAXBContext file is
"org.eclipse.persistence.jaxb.JAXBContextFactory"

When i created a JAXBContext in my app, it was always creating an instance
of com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.JAXBContextImpl.

I tried setting the following in system.properties...
javax.xml.bind.context.factory=org.eclipse.persistence.jaxb.JAXBContextFactory

but that also didn't work and still i was always getting an
com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.JAXBContextImpl instance.

Lastly i tried moving config-moxy.jar into tomee/lib and finally i started
getting instances of org.eclipse.persistence.jaxb.JAXBContext.

Then i renamed config-moxy.jar to moxy-config.jar in tomee/lib and it
stopped working.  That's when i looked at the jars packaged in tomee/lib and
found that jaxb-impl.jar has a META-INF/services/javax.xml.bind.JAXBContext
file with the content "com.sun.xml.bind.v2.ContextFactory" which was causing
all my JAXBContext instances to be of that type.  I got lucky when i named
my file config-moxy.jar in tomee/lib because it came before jaxb-impl.jar
and configured moxy.

I then deleted the META-INF/services folder from tomee/lib/jaxb-impl.jar and
tested my original war file which had the config-moxy.jar in WEB-INF/lib and
it started working.

I was wondering, should jaxb-impl.jar have that
META-INF/services/javax.xml.bind.JAXBContext file?  It makes it very
difficult to configure your own jaxb implementation from a war file.

Also shouldn't the javax.xml.bind.context.factory system property override
any jar file configuration?

Regards,

Anthony