tomee-users mailing list archives

From iluvtr <ilu...@gmail.com>
Subject TomEE JavaMail problems
Date Sun, 19 Oct 2014 01:59:49 GMT
I use a Tomcat 7, recently I considered to use TomEE in order to get full
power of Java EE without all that plumbing that comes with plain Tomcat.

The bad news came with email sending, because compared it was taking a long,
long time compared with plain Tomcat with Oracle JavaMail.

Sending email with TomEE: 116393 ms
Sending email with Tomcat 7: 4557 ms

I thought it was a bug and filed here
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-1413, but TomEE team couldn't
reproduce the failure and told me that maybe it was some network problem.

I have disabled antivirus, firewall, everything, and tested in two different
computers one in my home and other in my work, but still having that
problem,
This problem doesn't occur in plain Tomcat 7, I even tested the same code in
Glassfish 3.1 and works pretty well there.

Recently I replaced Geronimo JavaMail with Oracle JavaMail and all my
problems went away, so I think that this problem has something to do with
Geronimo implementation

    I added geronimo-osgi-locator-1.1.jar to TOMEE/lib
    I removed geronimo-javamail_1.4_mail-1.8.3.jar in TOMEE/lib
    I added mail.jar (Oracle JavaMail)

What do you think: Is the change I made will affect badly TomEE ?
Thank you so much