tomee-users mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: CDI container performance
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2014 10:53:49 GMT
Actually all CDI containers use proxies for NormalScoped beans. This is mandated by the spec.
We also only cache 1 instance for all ApplicationScoped proxies of the same type. So I profiled
(using YourKit profiler) that OWB allocates WAY less temporary objects - what results in a
fraction of the gc utilisation of other CDI containers.

Of course this is only at runtime. I did not yet focus much on startup for my optimisations.

I think OWB still can get heavily improved in the area of CDI events for example.

But OWB is a fun project of a few spare time hackers without any big $Co backing it, so please
feel free to get involved ;)

LieGrue,
strub