tomee-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kasmeroglu <daniel.kasmero...@kasisoft.net>
Subject Re: CDI container performance
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2014 10:18:36 GMT
Am 21.10.2014 um 11:37 schrieb Mark Struberg:
> Hi!
>
> Yesterday I wrote a small micro benchmark to test the performance of some CDI containers.
The outcome was pretty stunning - but best if you run it yourself:

> https://github.com/struberg/cdi-performance

First of all I didn't check the repo on my system. I only looked at the
source via the browser so here are some remarks:

* The method 'executeInParallel' uses 'Thread.run' which just invokes
the Runnable within the Thread. Therefore it's NOT executing in parallel.

* Furthermore the start of the Threads should be done in a separate
loop. Otherwise the system setup of the Thread (the VM management) will
be mixed into the measurements. The beginning of the measurement could
be placed after the thread creation:

-> Thread[] threads = init
-> begin = nanos
-> threads.start
-> threads.join
-> end = nanos

* Apart from this the testcase is a little bit skewed as it used
application scopes. For a comparison with other frameworks it's
necessary to use a representative set of data points which isn't the
case for application scopes as they're usually only amount to a small
fraction of all beans. It would be nice to know about the ratios between
the scopes in real life applications in order to design appropriate
scenarios.

Best regards

Daniel Kasmeroglu