tomee-users mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@tomitribe.com>
Subject Re: JAX-RS
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2014 17:49:58 GMT
> Hi i want to use a Filter for my rest services, im reading the apache cxf
> doc, i could create my filter implementing RequestHandler interfaces and
> start using it.
>
> After reading more i saw this:
> CXF RequestHandler and ResponseHandler filters have been removed, please
> use JAX-RS 2.0 ContainerRequestFilter and ContainerResponseFilter and also
> WriterInterceptor and ReaderInterceptor when needed.  (
> http://cxf.apache.org/docs/30-migration-guide.html )
>
> Then i try to change RequestHandler to ContainerResponseFilter when i try
> to run my webapp i could see java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> javax/ws/rs/container/ContainerRequestFilter.
>
> Then i have this questions.
>
> 1. What version of Apache CXF is using TomEE 1.7.1? i guess 2.6.14 can i
> upgrade to apaache cxf 3.x? if yes, how?  which jars do i have to remove?

No you cant'

> 2. Is ContainerRequestFilter only available in CXF 3.x? If no then why im
> getting NoClassDefFoundError?

In jaxrs2 actually but yes

> 3. Is possible to inject and ejb using @EJB into this filter? Because i
> tried and always is null. If is possible how?

not in cxf components

> 4. Is ContainerResponseFilter the "standard way" to use filters in jax-rs?
> If yes how can i use it, do i need another dependency?

cxf has a nice page speaking about difference between cxf interceptors
and jaxrs new APIs, this is not 1-1 and cxf interceptors are still
useful but yes jaxrs has now a standard API to use if possible. Note
in cxf 3 handler were removed for standard filters.