tomee-users mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@tomitribe.com>
Subject Re: <Host copyXML="true"> does not work for ear files
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2014 14:14:18 GMT
Hi

> Hello list,
>
> I deploy an EAR file with two web applications to the <Deployments> dir.
> I have set copyXML of the default host to "true" and expected that the
> META-INF/context.xml of the web application that contains it is copied
> to $CATALINA_BASE/conf/[engine]/[host]/mywebapp.xml because I would like
> to overwrite if for the next restart. But instead the directory only
> contains manager.xml and host-manager.xml of the default plain web
> applications. Also placing mywebapp.xml myself into the directory does
> not result in overwriting the included context.xml. How can I achieve it?

This is not handled today for ears, only for war but context.xml in
META-INF of the war should be read.

> Btw: May one web application inside the ear got to "localhost" and the
> other one to "anotherhost"?

Yes, you can do <web app name>.host=foo.com

this https://github.com/maxtorzito/tomee/blob/master/myenterprise/myenterprise-ear/pom.xml
uses it, see <args>-Dmyenterpise-web.host=mymailing.com
-Dmyenterpise-web-2.host=mymailing2.com ...</args>

Note that this works cause Hosts are defined in server.xml
(https://github.com/maxtorzito/tomee/blob/master/myenterprise/myenterprise-ear/src/main/tomee/conf/server.xml)