tomee-users mailing list archives

From "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <smithh032...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CDI container performance
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2014 09:57:49 GMT
Wow, very impressive. I'm glad I'm using TomEE+ 1.7.1 (for now) and looking
forward to TomEE+ 2.x.

Questions below,

   - OWB-1.5.0: 13 ms (no this is NOT a hoax, it's due to our proxy caching
   [1]...)

All with Java8.

Currently trying to run it on other boxes to rule out some misconfiguration

[1] For @ApplicationScoped beans our proxies resolve the contextual
instance only once. Thus you get the benefits of a Proxy (serializability,
interceptors, decorators, cycle prevention, shield against scope
differences) for the costs of (almost) native invocation (Creating
'underTest' via new instead of the CDI bean will run the test in 8ms).

OWB-1.5.0 is and/or will be bundled with TomEE+ 2.x 'and' future TomEE+
1.7.x releases?

@ApplicationScoped? interesting, I can remember you sending a
recommendation (to me via this list) about caching data in my app, and I
did that in my (CDI) @ApplicationScoped bean. Thanks Mark! :)