tomee-users mailing list archives

From Alex Soto <asot...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CDI container performance
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2014 09:43:50 GMT
Yeah! I already read yesterday when I see you publish it on Twitter. Quite
impressive how an open source container can overpass another open source
container although that container has a company behind it.

Of course as you mention this is only a basic test, but it would be awesome
to test for example events, interceptors, decorators, and so on.

Anyway really good work :)

> Hi!
>
> Yesterday I wrote a small micro benchmark to test the performance of some
> CDI containers. The outcome was pretty stunning - but best if you run it
> yourself:
>
> https://github.com/struberg/cdi-performance
>

> $> git clone https://github.com/struberg/cdi-performance.git
> $> cd cdi-performance
>
> Just look for the output:    ALL THE STUFF TOOK: xxx ms
>

> The default profile runs with owb-1.2.6 which is currently used in
> TomEE-1.7.1:
>
> $> mvn clean install
>
> If you have OWB trunk installed you can also try the performance of
> OWB-1.5.0-SNAPSHOT:
> $> mvn clean install -POWB15
>

> There is also a profile -POWB11 for testing OpenWebBeans-1.1.x.
> $> mvn clean install -POWB11 -Dowb.version=1.1.8
>

> The numbers of the Reference Implementation (RI: Weld) can be tested via
> $> mvn clean install -PWeld
>
> but take your time and let it run - no it doesn't hang ;)
>

> The version of OWB can be defined as parameter '-Dowb.version=1.2.0' and
> similar for Weld: '-Dweld.version=2.2.5.Final' if you like to test the
> latest RI version.
>

> Feel free to debug into it if you don't believe our sheer crazy
> performance!
>
> As a result of this performance I was able to serve FAT applications with
> BIG pages (huge JSF datatables) within under 150ms where other EE
> containers took 2 seconds++...
>

> LieGrue,
> strub

  Alex Soto Bueno - Computer Engineer