tomee-users mailing list archives

From Lars-Fredrik Smedberg <itsme...@gmail.com>
Subject Unittesting EJBs
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2014 19:58:42 GMT
Hi!

Previously I've used CDI-Unit to unit test CDI-based applications. With
CDI-Unit I have been able to create tests for e.g. CDI managed beans, CDI
interceptors and CDI extensions.

I see that the TomEE examples uses javax.ejb.embeddable.EJBContainer to
test EJBs. Is that my best choice or should I move on to Arquillian or
something else? Can anyone maybe explain the benefits/drawbacks of the two?

The application/code I need to test combines CDI managed beans and EJBs as
well as JAX-WS (CXF) WebServices. Some features I would like to test / mock
in the tests are:

Witch one would be possible/rather easy to create tests for

- @Resource to inject DataSource
- @Inject of CDI managed beans / EJBs
- CDI- and EJB-interceptors
- CDI-extensions (This I can still do with CDI-Unit if needed)
- TimerEJBs
- MDBs
- Transactions
- Concurreny management