tomee-users mailing list archives

From Felipe Jaekel <fkjae...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Listeners annotated outside webapp are ignored
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2014 12:31:41 GMT
Hi,

I've installed TomEE in */home/ec2-user*. This is the *ls -Al* output:

lrwxrwxrwx  1 ec2-user ec2-user   24 Set 17 17:34 apache-tomee-plus ->
apache-tomee-plus-1.7.1/
drwxrwxr-x 10 ec2-user ec2-user 4096 Set 17 17:16 apache-tomee-plus-1.7.1

I was able to simulate the issue with the sample I attached and using the
default *server.xml* file.

> I have an idea of the issue, if you could take few minutes to share
> your paths (symlink install, real tomee folder, webapp folder,
> server.xml config - Host + Context if any - and context.xml if used)
> it will help us to check faster.
>

> Romain Manni-Bucau
> Twitter: @rmannibucau

> > Okay I finally figured out the problem.
> >
> > In my production server I reference the TomEE installation from 3 places:
> > Jenkins, logrotate and the init.d script.
> >
> > When I upgraded from 1.7.0 to 1.7.1, I decided to make a symbolic link to
> > don't need to update the server location everywhere.
> >
> > ln -s apache-tomee-plus-1.7.1/ apache-tomee-plus
> >
> > If I run startup.sh from apache-tomee-plus/ instead of
> > apache-tomee-plus-1.7.1/, the annotations are not scanned in JARs inside
> > WEB-INF/lib
> >
> > I have no idea why... (my production server is Amazon Linux latest
> version,
> > and my desktop is Linux Mint Debian Edition latest version)

> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I also tried to add metadata-complete="false" to web.xml, same thing.
> >>
> >> Here is the sample:
> >>
> >> WAR: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/66737052/mavenproject.war
> >>
> >> Source: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/66737052/source.zip
> >>
> >> Thanks

> >> Can you share a sample showing this issue?

> >:

It uses
JAR