tomee-users mailing list archives

From Ihsan Ecemis <ih...@lindycare.com>
Subject Problem setting Xms/Xmx with Maven Plugin
Date Sat, 17 Jan 2015 04:39:25 GMT

Hello,

I am having problems with setting Xms/Xmx values for Tomcat. Here is my setup:

- Attached file is located at src/main/tomee/bin/setenv.sh
- I start Tomcat with the following command:  "mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true clean package tomee:build
tomee:run”

When I check the running process with “ps auwx”,  I see that "-Xms256m -Xmx768m” is
not there, and the server can allocate more memory than I specify.

BTW, I see that setenv.sh file is copied to target/apache-tomee/bin/setenv.sh without any
problems.

And if I do :

#  cd target/apache-tomee/
#  ./bin/catalina.sh run

The server starts running with the "-Xms256m -Xmx768m” setting and doesn’t allocate more
memory.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ihsan.