tomee-users mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomee 1.7.1 compatible in Java 8
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2015 18:12:01 GMT
OpenJPA just tolerate java 8 bytecode but doesn't support new Java 8
API so if you use them entity lifecycle can be broken. typically if
you modify a collection using stream API instead of Collection API
then the relationship will not get updated as exepected in the
database. Rarely an issue in practise but abusing of JPA as domain
objects with java 8 can lead to such issues.

Romain Manni-Bucau
@rmannibucau
http://www.tomitribe.com
http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com