tomee-users mailing list archives

From msdocware ...@docware.de>
Subject Re: Using JMS with Resource annotation
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2015 06:53:12 GMT
>> Now it works in Tomcat. I still need to test Websphere deployment

What I did doesn't work in Websphere. When I had the resource-ref entries in
web.xml, Websphere during deployment recognized them and offered to map them
to the available resources. My understanding was that this would work also
with annotations, probably by some byte code analyse. But this didn't happen
and thus I got errors when accessing the resources.

> If it matches a tomee.xml resource id

What I need is a way compatible with JEE, so that it works in different JEE
servers. Something that works in Tomcat or TomEE is not enough for me.

In a previous reply there was the question whether my resource is managed or
not. Actually I don't know. Above I described what I did in Tomcat and
Websphere. Maybe "managed" is a thing what is available in true EAR apps. We
have only WAR apps.

More ideas?